1 cup of flour
2 tsp of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of well chilled butter
1 tbsp of well chilled shortening
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp of water
1. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor.
2. Next, add well chilled butter and shortening.
3. Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
4. In a small bowl, blend the egg yolk and water.
5. Pour over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
6. Now remove the dough and cover and chill for 30 minutes.
7. Flour your work surface and rolling pin when working the dough.8. Roll to desired size